Monday 22 August 2011

Maxi Inspiration


Source: Stockholm Streetstyle

I've still got loads of black cotton knit fabric left to use, so I thought that I'd quite like to make a full length maxi dress or skirt next, probably one quite basic and similar to the one in the top left picture. I like how all these maxis are quite slim fitting and create long lines. I really need to stop thinking that you need to be tall to wear dresses like these because in fact the dress itself can create the illusion of height.

Still working on James' shirt at the moment and I'm determined to get it finished! Having a second go at the sleeves after spending a good hour last night unpicking side seams and sleeves. I really am going to somehow invent an automatic unpicker machine one day - not so sure how it would work but it would make things so much easier and make me less angry!

As a side note, if anyone wants to buy any black cotton knit fabric off me, please email me and let me know. I'm selling it off at a super cheap price of $5/metre (SGD) as I need to get rid of it all before we go travelling! It's a good quality cotton blend from Korea, about 110gsm (very lightweight) and is great for making summer tops, t-shirts, dresses, skirts or anything else you'd like to use it for!

No comments:

Post a Comment