Thursday 4 August 2011

Beige


Source: The Sartorialist

I love the way this whole outfit has been put together to create a cool and casual summer look. I guess most people would comment on how well she has managed to wear the beige on beige and also how the paper carriers coincidently work in with the outfit, but for me, it was the overall disheveled elegance, the seeming not to care style that I get from this picture. I've used that term "disheveled elegance" before and I'm not sure if it correctly describes what sort of style I like, but it's just that real casual, get up and throw something on look that works perfectly. It's all in the small details, the way the shorts are just loosely tied, the top sort of half-tucked, the two pendants so well-balanced, the coral nail color, and I love the way she has styled her hair. I also like how the sunnies are the perfect shape and fit for her face - it's amazing how many people pick up and put on a pair of sunnies that totally doesn't compliment their face shape. Speaking of sunnies, I really need to get myself a decent pair so that I can protect my eyes - they are failing pretty badly!

No comments:

Post a Comment