Wednesday, 17 August 2011


Since we got back from Bangkok with cotton fabrics for James' shirts, I spent a week deciding whether I was actually going to make the shirts myself, another week actually getting around to washing the fabric, a week to think about how I'm going to draft the pattern and then today I finally got started on it! I'm such a procrastinator at times and I think that's down to the fact that I'm also a perfectionist. I need to know that things are going to work out the first time before I can get started. Ok this is just making excuses for my laziness. Anyway I finally got started and after having 3 goes at getting the pattern for the collar and collar band right, I have a collar! 

I wish I could learn how to draft and make patterns properly instead of having to hack something together but I think I'm also too stubborn to go and take a course! At the moment I've cut up James' old shirt and am trying to make a shirt pattern out of all the pieces. I'll be very suprised if this actually turns out - I think it's going to be one of those garments that I make where if it turns out I'll be really happy, but if it doesn't, the whole thing will probably end up down the rubbish shoot. Ok, off to work on some more and by posting this now, it's going to make me stop procrastinating and finish it! I'll post the final product once done and let's hope that's not too far away!

No comments:

Post a Comment