Friday 14 October 2011

Knitting's the "In" Thing


Or maybe not! It was a miserable morning yesterday weatherwise and I was sitting around the house feeling like I needed to do something a little different. Next minute, I was getting dressed and going out to buy some knitting needles and a yarn of wool. Yes, I am knitting! It's been awhile since I've picked up a pair of knitting needles, actually I think I was about 10 when my mother tried to teach me, but even then, patience wasn't my thing and I don't think I ever finished knitting anything that I started.

So, I've been working on this ribbed scarf today and it's actually pretty fun and addictive. Especially since I purposefully bought some chunky as yarn and large needles so that my scarf would "grow" quickly. Knitting is so easy, as there are just two basic types of stitches (knit & purl) and with different variations in yarn, needle size and stitch combinations, you can create so many different designs! This scarf is a ribbed scarf made up of a knit 2 purl 2 stitch combination. Listen to my geek knitting talk. Anyways, can't wait to finish it and maybe move onto knitting something else or even just another scarf. You can never have enough scarves right?

No comments:

Post a Comment