All you need is salted pistachio nuts (80g) and castor sugar (200g). Here's how to make it:
1. Line a baking tray (or chopping board) with foil. Coarsely chop up the pistachio nuts and spread them out in an even single layer. Alternatively, you can crush them using a mortar and pestle which is what i did. It's good to still have big chunky pistachio bits so don't go overboard with the chopping/crushing.
2. Put the castor sugar and three tablespoons of water into a small saucepan and stir over a low heat until all the sugar dissolves.
3. Increase the heat to medium and simmer, without stirring, for approximately 4-5 minutes or until it becomes slightly golden in colour. You need to make sure you keep an eye on it as there is a very fine line between golden caramel and a burnt disaster.
4. Pour spoonfuls over the pistachio nuts and leave to cool completely for 1 hour or until set.
5. Break up into shards and serve with ice cream or your favourite dessert (or if you have a really sweet tooth - just eat it on it's own!)