Thursday 21 July 2011

Bright Red Bottoms


Source: Stockholm Streetstyle, Jak & Jil, Just Jared, Elle, The Sartorialist

Spotlight has been having some great clearance sales on all sorts of fabrics lately and I've resorted to going there just to avoid the annoying shop assistants and poor quality fabrics in Chinatown. Chinatown is by far more convenient for me (2 minutes down the hill) but when it comes to quality and the fact that nothing has a price on it (so you will always get ripped off), I don't think I can ever go back there.

So, I've been in and out of Spotlight and every time my eyes are drawn to this beautiful bright red cotton canvas that I think would be perfect for a pair of shorts or pants. But then I think that I've never worn anything so bright before and that it wouldn't suit me and so I don't buy it and end up getting something khaki or white or stripes instead. I love all of these looks above as the bright red bottoms have been paired with such neutral and monotone colours which contrasts nicely against the red and makes the red the real stand out piece of the outfit. I guess I need to think more about what I could pair things with before buying fabric and now that I have put these images together, it has given me great inspiration. I think I might go back to see if the fabric's still there!

No comments:

Post a Comment