Sunday 24 July 2011

Outfit | Perfecting Imperfection


Wore this out yesterday to go into town and then I ended up going along to a styling competition with James as he was their "guest judge". I did feel a little underdressed but it didn't really worry me too much! I'm wearing a Promod button down shirt, self-made shorts, shoes from Tokyo and leather bracelet from Vietnam.

I was a bit hesitant in putting this one up just cos I wasn't completely happy with the overall look. I was trying to achieve that sort of nonchalent "disheveled elegance" kinda look, the one thats supposed to look like I just don't care (even though I really do) and the one that looks like I just casually threw the clothes together. But it didn't quite work out, the shirt looks too neatly placed and flat, and the sleeves look too neatly rolled up. I think the problem was that I was too conscious of what I was trying to achieve that I ended up overthinking it all to much. I think the same goes with a lot of things, that when you overthink things, or try too hard to achieve a certain look, it comes off as too polished, too overworked, and it ends up just not being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment