Thursday 24 November 2011

Minimalist Suitcase Wardrobe

The nomad life goes on! Doing a whole lot of travelling next year, living 2 or 3 months here and there, and I have no choice but to condense my wardrobe plus other essential belongings down to whatever can fit into one cabin-sized suitcase. We'll literally be carrying everything that we own around with us, bar 1 box of books and stuff that we're sending back home.

Clotheswise, I've started to think about what I need to go into this "minimalist suitcase wardrobe" of mine and bearing in mind that we'll be hitting up every city in either Autumn or Spring weather which will be just perfect. Can't wait! So, my list in my head consists of basic things like 3 or 4 merino or cashmere sweaters, a couple of silk shirts, black and blue skinny jeans, a black blazer, a winter wool coat, a lighter jacket or parka, Converse chucks, leather shoes and leather boots (one pair of each), a couple of light knitted outwear like cardigans, a black leather bag and 2 or 3 chunky knit scarves. I picture it to look something like this...


That's all I can think of for now. Whether I achieve this will be one thing and the other will be fitting it all into just one bag. Eeeeek I'm already thinking I need a larger suitcase. Bring on January 14th!

No comments:

Post a Comment